Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Random Post: Why is there ice on the inside of my windows?

So it has been very cold here, in lovely Colorado for the last week or so, and I have had this issue with ice forming on the inside of my windshield.  So picture this while others have been scraping the outside of their car I have been awkwardly scraping the interior and a windshield from the inside is not very easy to scrape, the angle just does not work out. Has this ever happened to any of you? Anyways, I was curious about this phenomenon and did a little googling to find out the answer.  So it turns out this happens  because the inside of my car is wet from the snow that I have tracked in. This snow, turns into water and then evaporates and condenses on the much colder windows causing the frost and ice to form.  Next time, I might just have to shake off my shoes a little bit more before I get into my car to keep this from happening again.  Overall, I hope my issues with this, will help you in preventing this problem from occurring in your car.

2 comments:

  1. It has happened to my car when it is super cold. I hope that picture is not from your personal collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting because I have tracked snow into my car on several occasions and while I don't get ice on my windows I do get ice where the snow used to be. Does this only happen on days where it is cold at night and warm during the day?

    ReplyDelete